The smallest Voer village, with fewer than 300 inhabitants, is especially known for its Commanderie. This castle belonged to the German Knights Templar until the French revolution. The current building was constructed in the beginning of the 17th century in the so-called ”Meuse-region Renaissance style”, also abundantly to be found in Liège and Maastricht.
In the park of the castle the spring is situated that provides the ponds and the river Voer with water at a ratio of some 3000 litres per minute. In the ponds trout, sturgeon and eel are bred.
The village church was built around 1660 by order of Commandeur Willem Quaedt van Beeck, whose tombstone is to be found near the entrance gate to the churchyard.
Just outside the village (direction Sint-Martens-Voeren) the valuable monument of the listed (and protected) St Anna chapel is to be seen.
A beautiful panorama of the Voer region is to be seen from the castle of Magis, on the boundary with Aubel, across the road, with the valley of the Berwijn and de Bel.