s-Gravenvoeren was developed as a ribbon along the river the Voer, with numerous footbridges across the water to the houses. The church, the presbytery and several farmhouses nearby date back to the 18th century. That (Austrian) period must have been a very prosperous one for this village.
The St-Lambertus church was built between 1782 and 1786 next to the late Rheno-mosan steeple from the 14th century. Quite a string of curious blue limestone tombstones is to be found at the bottom of the churchwall, dating back to the 17th and 18th century. The presbytery was built next to the church in 1774.
A very nice spot is the listed square of Kindenberg with its recently restored Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekapel (Our-Dear-Lady Chapel) (1715). It is situated on the northern bank of the Voer, some 100 metres from the church.
In the hamlet of Schoppem the tiny chapel of Steenbos may be found. A Roman villa was excavated here in 1846. The chapel was built with the remnants of the material then found.
The castle of the ”counts of Voeren” has long been gone.
Two other castles remain however: Altenbroek (surrounded by beautiful parklandscape) and Ottegraven (on the village boundary with St Martens-Voeren).